pages

Thursday 16 April 2009

dislocation, art, and the beauty of God


I know it's not Good Friday.
I know Easter Sunday resurrection's happened.
But I feel a little dislocated.
The timing of the candidates conference in Holy Week seems to have thrown my liturgical year clock out the window. While worship on Sunday was lovely... I felt disconnected, distracted - as if I was at the party, but hadn't had all the lovely anticipation of waiting and looking forward and preparing for it.
Timing matters.
And so, I'm trying to make up for it.
I've jumped in the liturgical tardis.
I am going back to Holy Week, not passing 'go', not collecting £200.
Part of the reconnection, the relocation, involves almost drowning my senses in the searing beauty of Allegri's Miserere.
I'm not quite ready for the resurrection party yet. I will be in a couple of days. And all shall indeed be well. And I shall be content.



No comments: