pages

Friday 10 October 2014

RevGals: random Friday Five

After a long time not playing... here's my RevGals Friday Five.
Karla asks:

1. How do you sign off in your emails, professional and personally? For example, you say “Blessings”, “Take Care”, “Remember, the Devil is watching you” (o.k. just kidding on that one.) Let us know and why… 

Most often it's 'Warm greetings', followed by my name, and then a tag signature quote by Cecil Beaton:
'Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert
integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.'

Why?  'Warm greetings' was a way of not writing 'yours faithfully/ sincerely', was friendly but could be taken as formal/ informal.  
The Beaton quote - echoes for me of Rom. 12:2 'do not be conformed to the world, be transformed' - idealist, even at this age, who doesn't just want to wish for change, but to be part of the change I wish to see?

 2. If you were an animal TODAY, what is it and why? 
My day: a case of...'is it hot in here, or is it just me?'

 3. If you get snarky, what triggers it? If you don’t get snarky, please, what is the secret? I am a ray of sunshine in God's glorious firmament ... okay... bad manners and lack of integrity.

4. Look up from your computer/tablet/phone screen. What is the first favorite thing your eyes land on. Describe it. (For example, I just did this, and my eyes landed on a little angel made out of multicolored wires whose head and wings are quite askew because of being chewed upon by my puppy. That aside, I love it because it was a gift from two little girls who came often to my office in my last call to play with all the tshotke on my table. They wanted to add to it.) 
Ah, looking up, my eyes were drawn to my mock Rennie Mackintosh fireplace - perhaps it is getting to the time of year to indulge my inner pyromani...er, light the fire. 

5. Do you have a favorite pair of socks? Tell us about them!
They are beginning to fall apart, but yes: my Jonah in the whale socks :)

1 comment:

revkjarla said...

You are so funny--"a ray of sunshine in God's glorious firmament" I love that Beaton quote, too, even though I don't know the author. It's perfect. Love fires on cold days. In the appropriate places,of course. ;-) Thanks for playing!