pages

Friday 10 July 2009

Friday Five: exercise

Over at the RevGals site it's 'Friday Five'. On exercise. Yup. Exercise and me = oxymoron. No matter... here are my answers:


1. What was your favorite sport or outdoor activity as a child?
Tennis. No, swimming. No! Sailing. Nooooo, no, no - tennis!!

2. P.E. class--heaven or the other place?
There is a special place in Hell reserved for sadistic P.E. teachers.

3. What is your favorite form of exercise now?
Running with the phone out of the post-grad labs, for the sheer comedy value. Walking on the beach at the end of the street.

4. Do you like to work out solo or with a partner?
Well, if it's a phone conversation, that would need two of us at least :) On the beach, solo or with pals.

5. Inside or outside?
Hey, mobile phones - I'm flexible!!! Oh, beach... um, I suspect outside for that one.

Bonus: Post a poem, scripture passage, quotation, song, etc. regarding the body or exercise.
Weightlifiting verse of the Bible: Galatians 6: 2 Bear one another's burdens...

5 comments:

Di said...

I love the verse! Great connection.

RevDrKate said...

Oh thank you for #2! I hope you have that on good biblical authority and that it also applies to swimming teachers!

Sue said...

I totally agree on #2 - and I also agree with RevDrKate's assessment.

I like the biblical weightlifting reference as well - excellent!

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

How about walking while talking on the cell phone? My husband used to use one while biking but only on the sheltered river trail....

MumPastor said...

great reference and very un-weighty and fun post! Thanks!