pages

Thursday 17 March 2011

you don't want to be a raisin in the vineyard of the Lord...

I've always been a bit of an Amy Grant fan - great voice, some excellent songs. But...I guess everyone can have an off day... tho' to be kind, Amy was about about 15 at the time. A funky li'l country and western ye-haar kind of tune and ... remember kids, you don't want to be a raisin...



Lyrics:
I am a small and lonely grape,
Clutching to the vine,
Waiting for the day when i'll become my savior's wine!

Oh, wouldn't french cuisine just yearn it,
I've eternity to ferment,
But knowing me I'd end up ripple
In a cellar of chablis.

Are you a small and lonely grape
Clutching to the vine,
Waiting for the day when you'll become your savior's wine?

Don't give up hope ye heavy laden,
You don't want to be a raisin;
There's a grape grape joy in jesus,
In the vineyard of the lord.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Haven't listened to that song in years! Recently watched a youtube video of Amy singing "Fat Baby" and couldn't help but smile. Sometimes wish that faith could be that easy and innocent again. Thanks for sharing!

Jody Harrington said...

Grape grape joy in Jesus? Wow. I'd forgotten this one if I ever knew it. Almost as good as "Drop Kick Me Jesus Through the Goal Posts of Life" or "He Grew the Tree That He Knew Would Be The Wood For the Old Rugged Cross"!!

Wendy said...

Oh. My. I thought I knew all of her repertoire, but this one's new to me. Awesome!