pages

Monday 23 March 2015

Lent, day 29: gratitude

Smiling, and thinking of the Jeremiah text:

'"for I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, 
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  
Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you."'

Who knew that I would end up where I have ended up, and be so very happy?  
Well, okay, God.

Yesterday was another unbelievably beautiful spring day, in what I am discovering to be
an unbelievably beautiful part of the country.
Teeny lambs, days old, beginning to dot the fields, as the farmers in the parish work
flat out.  
Worship - my folk, during the all-age part of the service happily out of their pews
and talking with one another, having accepted a joint mission of discovery.  
They are coping with this strange, cheerful minister and her strange wee ways
very well, and very graciously.
And the sermon really hit home.  Especially when telling the story of 
Corrie ten Boom.  
After worship yesterday, I found myself grinning like a loon as I drove up the road.
Spontaneous prayers of praise, and such a sense of enormous gratitude:
good plan, God, jolly good plan.
It's not all fluffy wee lambs and such, but the tough stuff is good, meaty stuff too.
Being planted in a place you're meant to be is really quite awesome.

No comments: